Friday, July 10, 2009

defining parts

there are some things in life that define you.
i'm convinced that it's not always the huge and magnificent that interpret us.
the small and everyday can impact us just as profoundly. it is in the small and consistent of everyday that grind out who we really are.

one part of the real and true me has been found in the refinement of the daily grind. it cannot be shaken. no amount of trial can persuade my heart from it's course.
i'm completely invested.
i have lifetime stock.

some i have carried tenderly and seen their first breath.
some aren't born of my body, but tenderly carried by another, and i have not yet had the honor of holding close.
but nonetheless they are here.
within the small and everyday grind of who i really am.
at the inner most part of me.
the part that was created to live out my years loving these sweet souls.

it is from this part of me that i write.
i have no choice but to let my soul abound.

if you are reading this, i hope that you can relate in some way.
join with me.
because, after all, our defining parts might be different but the grind that finds out our definement is the same.

No comments: